Tips for Decorating Your Next Event
Posted by on
So you’ve finished one event and already have another one coming up. Planning events one after the other can be difficult, especially when you need to plan and come up with new ideas. Events need to be unique and fresh, and you can easily achieve this through your decorating. The decorating is only one aspect of planning a successful event, but it’s one thing that can have a lasting effect. If you’re struggling with planning your décor for the next event, these tips can help you get a head start.
Be Conscious of Your Budget
The first thing you need to consider when decorating your next event is your budget. While your décor is an essential part of your event, it can also be one of the most expensive aspects. Create a budget early and plan on sticking to that budget as much as possible. Fortunately, you don’t need to spend a ton on decorating if you plan it right. Consider some of these money-saving techniques as you plan your budget:
- Shop the off-season sales. During the off season, you can easily get a ton of discounts on decorations.
- Double up on décor and gifts. If you’re giving out party favors, consider using them as table decorations. Choose gifts that can be arranged in creative ways. This also can help you reduce on clean-up cost and time.
- Consider doing it yourself! If you have the time and want to expend the extra effort, identify areas where you can make your own decorations.
Make an Impressionable Entry
First impressions aren’t just for job interviews and dates. The first thing your guests see should wow them and leave them feeling like they are entering a special, unique place. If you’re event has a theme, the entry way is the best place to introduce that theme so guests feel like they’re being immersed. You can also use your entry way to distribute party favors or other theme-related items.
More often than not, event planners miss creating a completely immersive experience by not decorating the space above their guests’ heads. The ceiling is a great place to add a dramatic flair to your event. You can achieve this using streamers, drapes, and banners. If appropriate, you can also add balloons to cover the entire ceiling. A well-decorated ceiling can really top off the overall décor.
Above all else, get unique with your decorating! Guests enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience over anything else. If you’re lacking in ideas, consider some of these unique ideas for your next event:
- Rent a bubble wall. You can also buy a bubble wall for a more permanent fixture.
- Use unusual arrangements. Mix and match arrangements with traditional tables and pub-height tables. Add more comfortable options to create a more intimate area for casual conversation.
- Add some greenery to your décor.
- Don’t restrict yourself to using the venue’s lighting. Change up the lighting to add more drama or mood, as needed.
Getting It Right Early
Whatever you choose to do with your event, make sure you plan it out early! Planning your event is a tremendous effort and the decorations tend to get pushed off until the end. Decorating your next event should be as easy as possible on you and it should leave a big impression on your guests. Following these tips can really help you streamline the overall planning.