[Posted on February 17]
Choosing an Indoor Fountain: Five Considerations
Choosing the best indoor fountain for your environment should be a fun and exciting experience. Indoor fountains bring tranquility to your home or office and selecting the correct fountain is an important decision. Here is a list of considerations when choosing the best indoor fountain for your room:
- Decide on a comfortable budget for your indoor fountain.
- Do you prefer a floor standing fountain or wall hanging fountain?
- What materials match your décor best? (i.e. stainless steel, copper, slate, glass, ect.)
- What dimensions or size fountain will fit best in your space?
- Understand the installation needs and maintenance guidelines for your indoor fountain.
Budget for your Indoor Fountain
Budget is usually the best place to get started. Indoor fountains range in price from as little as $25 to well over $100,000. Generally, you can find the perfect indoor fountain for between $500 and $2500. Be careful not to focus too much on price because quality may be sacrificed when buying the least expensive option.
Evaluate the Space for your Indoor Fountain
Second, evaluate your space and determine if a floor standing fountain or wall hanging fountain is best. Floor fountains stand freely without additional support. They can be used as a divider wall between two rooms or placed against a wall. Wall hanging fountains must be secured to wall for support and generally is hung like a heavy picture. They require hanging hardware or a mounting bracket and usually are secured to studs behind the wall.
Match your Indoor Fountain to your Décor
The third consideration is choosing the best materials to match your décor. You can choose from a wide range of materials for your indoor fountain including stainless steel, copper, slate, glass, mirror or decorative tile. Evaluate your room and decide what colors and materials fit best.
Choose the Correct Size for your Indoor Fountain
Next, is making sure you choose the correct size or dimensions for your indoor fountain. There are several sizes to choose from, so measure your space to decide if a horizontal or vertical design will work best.
Indoor Fountain Maintenance
Last, one of the most important considerations when choosing the best indoor fountain is maintenance. Keep in mind all fountains require some maintenance, so make sure you understand exactly what is required to properly maintain your new fountain. Most manufacturers include general maintenance guidelines with your purchase, however it is best to learn what is involved before the fountain arrives.
Following the 5 points above will help you choose the best indoor fountain for your atmosphere. There are several great options to choose from, so take the time necessary to research the best indoor fountain for your needs. We highly recommend the following three fountains based on past customer experience and minimal defect and return statistics. Each of these indoor fountains is excellent quality and a good price value.
- Whispering Creek Wall Fountain – The Whispering Creek includes a natural slate water panel and is reasonably priced at under $1000. The quality is excellent and it includes a manufacturer’s warranty. Choose from several colors including natural slate, green slate, copper, silver and mirror.
- Gardenfall Floor Fountain – The Gardenfall is great value and excellent quality. This indoor fountain includes a glass water panel and solid metal frame. Choose from several colors including bamboo etched, stainless steel, copper and black. Pricing ranges from $850 - $1300.
- Sunrise Springs Wall Fountain – The Sunrise Springs includes a natural slate water panel and is available in several frame finishes. The quality is excellent and the price range is from $1700 to $2200. Also, you can customize this fountain with a logo or personalized artwork for a minimal upcharge.
Choosing the best indoor fountain will make a great addition to your home or office, and it should bring peace and enjoyment for many years. It is always best to take the time necessary and consider all factors before making your purchase. Thank you for taking the time to read our tips on Choosing the Best Indoor Fountain. We hope this information is helpful and makes choosing the best fountain a fun and enjoyable experience.